21 August 2012

pinspiration #1: coffee filter wreath



hey friends!

so i've decided to create a new series called pinspiration.  it's going to be things i have attempted to make from pinterest.  see, i'm not a very crafty lady.  in fact quite the opposite.  i love little handmade things, but i'd prefer to pay for the goods that others have made.  i could never color inside the lines, i never learned how to sew, and i don't own a hot glue gun

but since we've bought our house i've tried to start doing more things myself, very little things mind you.  so i am going to be taking on some new projects!  i have a pinterest board where i'm starting to collect ideas for new projects.

pin i love: coffee filter wreath

coffee filter wreath
the pin
now how easy is this?  it looks easy, and i happen to know my sister in law b made one and hers looks fabulous - of course she's 1000x more crafy than i am.  but really, all you need a is a styrofoam circle of some kind, coffee filters, and a hot glue gun.  this required me purchasing my own glue gun at hobby lobby.  man those things get hot!  luckily i had all the coffee filters i need as a horrible coffee addict.
my version
so, in retrospect, i learned a few things. first, i should have wrapped the sytrofoam wreath in something before pinning on the filters, as you can still kind of see the green wreath.  second, i shouldn't have used the filters i had that are straight.  should have used the curvy kind.

i'm only a little ashamed to display it.  but i made it!  myself! 

my late-summer mantel this morning
i need to stop taking pics with my iPhone of my house, that looks awful. i am so lazy!

1 comment: