06 May 2012

hello world!


hi friends!  yesterday was a big day... I FINISHED MY SEMESTER!  technically, i still have class this week on wednesday night, but i just have to watch the last few final presentations.  i am DONE.  i finished my last final yesterday afternoon, and as soon as i finished, all i could think about was sleep.  so i laid on the couch and slept for a few calming hours.  it was amazing. 

the most proper way to celebrate i could think of was to take my amazing husband out to dinner wherever he wanted.  i truly believe the only reason i survived 17 credits this semester was because he was there, supporting me, making me dinner and helping me whenever i needed it.  he's amazing.  so we went out for a lovely dinner at bistro vendome, one of our favorite french places.  a few martinis were enjoyed at the bar, then we waited for our table outside.  but just as soon as we were headed outside to be seated, the sky opened up and it started pouring.  the end result?

view of the patio from our table
a table right in front of the wide open back doors to the garden with a front seat to the thunderstorm.  it was lovely, so beautiful and romantic.  after we closed down the restaurant, we headed over to a cote for some french cocktails to wind the night down.  it was the perfect evening and a fantastic way to start my maycation!

today i slept in super late.  i can't even describe how amazing it felt to just sleeeeeep in with no worries or anything to do.  we hopped on our bikes this afternoon for some bike-and-beer fun. 

i can't believe the hardest part is done - and i think this was a perfect start to my maycation :)

how was your weekend? 

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I just came across your blog, the name caught my attention :)I love to travel as well but I don't have much time for it anymore *sigh* Congrats on finishing your semester! I look forward to reading more from you :) Happy greetings from Florida!

    ReplyDelete