absolutely fearless. i love it. it isn't wallpaper, it isn't texture. it's just a few different colors of paint expertly blended. it's not animal print; there's less pattern and rhythm to it. it's such a bold statement surrounded by clean, crisp white tile and minimal decorations. the wood-framed mirror goes perfectly without trying to match. i don't think i could pull this paint off but it makes me feel courageous in my upcoming painting endeavors.
9. the burrata appetizer at strega. almost as good as our local favorite that i picked up two orders of for thanksgiving appetizers. perfectly shaped like a poached egg... only with delicious mozzarella inside. there are no words.
8. this super-chic, eco-friendly, 100% sustainable kitchen
my dad and v are looking to upgrade, so we had the pleasure of going apartment hunting with them on saturday. we saw one unit in the macallen that was actually parts of three units built into one. while i wasn't super crazy about the apartment in general i fell in love with the kitchen. the wood is bamboo and everything is made of sustainable materials. it's easy to navigate and has a great design. the design and texture of the cabinetry really did me in... i could go for those types of cabinets when we redo ours someday!
7. seeing smiles like these on my boys faces :)
ok. so maybe they aren't smiling right there, but watching the two of them hang out is beyond entertainment.
6. this view of boston.
5. the 'gin somethin' at back bay social club. worth the price (which is a bit hefty) and still worth it the morning after. but nothing goes together like good gin, grapefruit and cucumber. seriously.
4. greasy chinese food at kowloon that is totally, totally, totally worth the crazy wait with all the even crazier suburban folk outside of boston.
3. the two-malls-built-together prudential center and copley square plaza. the best of both worlds: high end dior, tiffany, ferragamo, thomas pink in one mall and the gap, free people, and a zillion places to eat in the other mall. combined with the fact that just outside is the best shopping ever -- newbury street? brilliant.
2. irish car bombs. minus the whiskey. wicked.
1. my dad.
because he knows everything and there is simply no one cooler.