10 May 2012

hospital care kit

i am not too crafty.  i don't make too many things (including dinner), but i've been known to make the occasional present.  i've made limoncello, books of my photography, and now... this!



as i've mentioned before, my cousin (who is like my sister) is pregnant - and the countdown has begun! so for her (belated) birthday and impending hospital stay, i made her a hospital care package.  it is full of things that she will need while before, during and after giving birth.  now it should be noted that i don't know what a woman needs during this time having never been through it myself - but i did enlist the help of some friends, including my b, my sister-in-law.  it's pretty cool... almost makes me wish i had one!  almost :)

 
items in the package include:
  • healthy snacks, such as larabars & dark chocolate covered almonds
  • burt's bees chapstick
  • all natural kiss-my-face hand and body lotion
  • no-elastic hair ties and headbands
  • neutrogena face pre-moistened face wipes that you don't need to rinse off - perfect for hospital beds!
  • hand sanitizer (i scrubbed off the label and put my own glittery letters on for fun)
  • a comfy nightgown that won't touch her belly in case of a c-section
  • four CDs of labor music - i opted for calming, soothing music
all packed into a re-sealable container that can be taken into the hospital, then brought back for baby's nursery!


i am sooo happy and excited to meet my little niece or nephew!  my cousin is such a strong woman i know she's going to do great and will make a wonderful mother.

well, thought i'd share this little crafty bit with you since this rarely happens.  i finished my last class tonight, and tomorrow's agenda includes sleeping in, getting a massage, seeing some of my favorite people and then flying out to nashville for some serious sister time!  it's going to be a GREAT weekend!

til next time!

xoxo

2 comments: