01 October 2011

fitb saturday... again




ok friends, once again, sorry i'm doing this a little late (like usual).  it's been yet another busy week with an after hours at work, and now school this weekend.  but there are exciting things on the horizon!  here's a little preview of what october has to offer: a trip to LA, my uncle's long-awaited wedding, starting to finish the bathroom (!!!), and finishing my first weekend class.  can't wait to share it all with you.  but for now, let's get on with the blanks, and i'll share the bathroom plans with you later. :)

1.  my best friend is my insanely awesome husband.  i know it sounds corny, but philip is without a doubt my best friend in the world.  he's the one i call when my day sucks,  the one i text random funny observations to, the person i go to when i need advice from in a difficult situation.  and we have the most fun together, even when we do nothing, just like best friends :) 

2.  if i could live in a different era it would be the lost generation (1920s paris) because it was a culmination of a million things i love.  watching midnight in paris was like watching my dream that will never come true.  but that exact event would be my answer to this question.  but like woody allen said, you can't enjoy the presence if you always live in the past.

3.  i like president obama.  a lot.  

4.  if you only know one thing about me it should be that i value equality and open-mindedness towards other cultures and lifestyles more than anything else. 

5.  my favorite book of all time is [SO GLAD THIS QUESTION IS ON HERE TODAY!] extremely loud & incredibly close by jonathan safran foer. i happened upon this book back in 2007 while stuck in the airport in amsterdam. i read it and it changed me. it's absolutely amazing. i've bought this book as a present for so many people and everyone who has read it loves it too. and now, it's a movie starring tom hanks. i saw this trailer for the very first time last night and the combination of my favorite book, plus my 2nd favorite U2 song of all time, plus the beautiful story being sold brings tears to my eyes. for reals. go read this book and watch this preview.


6.  blogging is a release.

7.  one of the best feelings in the world is getting settled in my seat on the plane when we are headed somewhere new on a trip.  the anticipation might be better than christmas.



1 comment: