27 April 2012

high high #18, plus fill in the blanks!

whew.  whadda day.  i worked 12 hours, finished my final project, and came home to a few surprises.

1 - a pre-mixed martini, courtesy of my husband who knew i had a rough day. 
2 - a surprise from my momma. 

now, my mom is big on surprises.  there is no doubt in my mind that she loves surprising people more than she loves being surprised.  so when she texted me tonight to call me once i got home and settled in because she had a surprise for me, i wasn't surprised about the surprise.  a lot of time she goes shopping and picks up something for me, or takes me shoe shopping, or something fun like that.  but this time she said she made me something.  so i went home, i settled in with my martini (!!!) and gave her a call.  

she told me she made me a board on pinterest.

now, let me just say that i introduced my mom to pinterest last weekend, and she's obsessed.  she loves it. in fact, she spent a good portion of her time while at my house playing on pinterest with me.  so today, she said she was playing and saw a lot of things that she thought it would like, so she made a board to pin them all to.  so i logged on to check it out. 

if you want to get to know me, just check out her board on pinterest.  it is absolutely astounding how well this woman knows me.  she has literally ALL of my favorite things on there - russia, shoes with bows, philip seymour hoffman, my celebrity father, artsy graffiti, the beach, brooklyn, inspirational quotes, bauble necklaces, david hyde pierce, uneven manicures, the avalanche, truman capote, mosques jack goes boating, kings of convenience, kir royales, pilsner, the obamas, owls and my favorite book.  it's amazing.  she even pinned a picture of my ex (???).  now THAT is impressive.  i am so blessed to have an insanely awesome mom who is not only a wonderful mother but also one of my best friends.  

and if you are looking for anything awesome on pinterest, just check it out.

and since it's friday and i'm blogging, here are my blanks... 




1.  when i wake up in the morning, the first thing i do is hit the snooze button if at all possible.  if not then i usually pet mussolini, my cat.  then we go into the bathroom together (seriously, he follows me) so i can brush my teeth.

2.   i can hardly wait for finals to be over for the semester.  and then school to be done forever.

3.  the quickest way to my heart is sharing my ideology because if we don't see the world the same way, how will we agree on anything else?  also - a good sense of humor :)

4. little known fact about me is that i am an aquarius in every detail of my being.  i'm individualistic, assertive, humanitarian, eccentric, opinionated, idealistic and can be detached.  i'm one of those people that really identify with my zodiac sign.

5. the best part about my job is  [i don't blog about my job - so i'll blog about the best part of my volunteer job] working with people who are so passionate about what we do.  this isn't work, no one makes them come.  they come because they care, they believe and they want to make a difference.

6. something i just couldn't live without is music.  music music music music music.  also good beer.

7.  something useful that i wish i knew how to do is  speak another language.  in my life i have taken french, latin, greek, italian and czech.  i only know some french today and the rest is basically gone.  i can understand some italian but can't speak it - i got rosetta stone from my dad for christmas and it is the first thing i want to do once school is done.  i can't wait.

ok guys, it's off to school for me this weekend, for my LAST WEEKEND!  wish me luck! 

til next time... :)

1 comment:

  1. Yea! So happy that you liked it! Sooo fun doing it! ~ :)

    ReplyDelete