07 August 2011

the coolest guy i know.

today is AUGUST 7th, 2011: also known as my little brother's 25th birthday.  so in honor of aj being all growed up, i thought i would share the 10 best reasons why my brother kicks ass and is the best brother a girl could EVER ask for.  sorry all those of you reading this who have brothers, but it's just a fact.

10.  because, like me, he doesn't take himself too seriously.





9.  because while he may have tried on different lifestyles for size, he never once stopped being true to the person he is.  and that hasn't always been easy for him, and i know that.






8.  because he gives the whole "strong, silent type" a whole new meaning.  people tell me that i'm a strong person, but it's just because i'll tell you i am.  you'll hear about what i've gone through and what i believe in now and i'll argue it til i die.  but aj?  he won't say anything.  he won't argue with you, he won't tell you how rough he's had it, but he will stick to his beliefs forever.  he'll be nice to everyone - not in a fake way, just in a genuine 'i-don't-really-care' kind of way.  but his loyalties are blood deep.



7.  because he can cry at the notebook.  but he can make up avalanche drinking games with me like nobody's business.  and he can make fun of me while i cry at gladiator.  he's a versatile man.




6.  because he calls me at work every once in a while, just to say hello, and it surprises me.  and makes my day :)





5.  because he does things for me - like invite me to the 'guys only' 36 hours snowboarding trip, go see death cab for cutie and U2, and take me to see 'alexander' and 'wolf creek.'  i forgive you, aj.



4.  because (i'm sorry to say this to all the family members reading this right now) during my time in prague, he was the only one i really couldn't stand not seeing.  so he came out to visit me, by himself, and gave up his thanksgiving.




3.  because he has the best sense of humor ever, even if no one else gets it sometimes.  there were nights we would just look at each other at the dinner table and start cracking up until milk came out of my nose - and mom would get so mad she would send us to our rooms.  and we would still be laughing.




2.  because he is DRAMA FREE in a way sisters could never be.







1.  because frankly, nobody has my back like aj.


  

1 comment: