14 August 2011

come into my bedroom.

hi folks.  happy sunday.  we are having mom & vince over for dinner tonight - i'm making my famous fish tacos!  it's one of my favorite pescetarian dishes :)  i'd share my recipe with you, but i've never been big on food posts.  for one, i don't cook much or very well.  and secondly there is absolutely NO measuring in my cooking.  i'm serious.  i fill things up until they look full and i pepper them until i tastes the way i want to.  no rhyme or reason here and it's impossible to share.

but i'll tell you what i will share with you - my bedroom.  that's right.  come on in.


excuse him.  he thinks this is his bed.


this is our giant bed.  we decided to buy the biggest bed we could possibly find because we could fit it.  our room is huge, and thanks to our five closets in our room we really don't need to put in any drawers or chests.  the bed is the only real piece of furniture in the room besides my vanity, so we could let it stand out.  but i haven't quite figured out how to hang linens around the bed.  i did, however, come across some awesome ideas...


my personal favorite - i love the thick white linens that drape on the ground.  and the fact that this isn't even a canopy bed - just bars mounted to the ceiling.  so creative!  from coco+kelley.


  these paper-light linens act like window curtains - you can open and close.  lovely.  from apartment therapy (one of my old favorite sites when i was in a one bedroom pre-war walkup in brooklyn!).


 ok maybe this is my favorite now.  i can't decide.  this has a moroccan style, which everyone knows i have a major weakness for.  the fringe on the curtains are so unique - as is the black wicker chair next to the bed.  love the contrast.  from daisy pink cupcake.


the mirror, the wall paper, the white linen draped just above the pillows... so sublime.  very alaina :)  from whitehaven.

sigh.  a girl can dream, can't she?  someday i'll get around to buying fabric for my bed.  and hanging up pictures in my room.  but until that day comes... i have these awesome blogs to look at :) 

ok - enjoy your weekend friends! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment