hi friends! i’ve been taking a break from blanking, but since these are holiday themed i just couldn’t say no :)
1. "the best way to spread christmas cheer is..." being cheery! i am always so happy around the holidays, and i think the best way to make other people cheery is being cheerful yourself.
2. the holiday season is definitely my favorite time of the year. this year is a little weird with graduation and the move, but we are making the best of it.
3. when it comes to holiday decorating... i go all out! our décor is a little bit more wintery – lots of golds and silvers. but there are some wreaths and red and green candles and things we put out. i love it all.
4. the thing i look forward to most about the holidays is family, gift giving and christmas caroling. i know that’s three things, but i could never just pick one!
5. my favorite holiday tradition is probably our christmas cocktail party. this year is our 6th, and each year it gets a little bit bigger and a little more fun. my family has a lot of great traditions, but they have been changing over the past few years with the death of my great-grandmother (she was our family matriarch), so we are trying to come up with new family traditions. with four sets of parents, we don’t have too many traditions that we do year after year besides our own christmas cocktail party.
6. this year my christmas plans include moving. yeah. we are kind of up in the air on what to do for the actual holiday, but it sounds like we will be out east somewhere. my dad is big on wanting to rent a house on the cape, but if that doesn’t work out we will all be in ny. like i mentioned, my family is trying to come up with some new traditions…