27 September 2012

what's been going on vol II.

yesterday i finally [and quickly!] debriefed on my sister-in-law's visit.  just four short days after she left, we flew off to nyc for some family time, mostly for two reasons:  first off, a family wedding; second off, meeting my new nephew! 

the weekend was amazing, and such a whirlwind.  i started this post like 4 times, each time with more photos than the last.  i seriously have over 200 photos of this weekend, i will try to do 1-2 photo summation of each day.

day one
so the most amazing thing happened on day one of our trip.  i met my nephew for the first time.


this is the first picture ever taken of me and my first nephew the first time i held him.  the most amazing feeling.  i truly looked at him and just fell in love.  it's not the best picture of the two (or three) of us from that day, but just has to be included because it totally changed me. 

the rest of the day was pretty kick ass too - got to see my godmother's GORGEOUS remodeled city apartment [finally homeowners - an amazing feat in the city!] and saw an old friend that we studied abroad with for dinner.  we enjoyed many margaritas tacos at diablo royale it the village, and drinks at our usual pub on hudson st.

us on the rooftop patio at my godmother's new house
us with steve, our great friend from prague
[yes, i broke my own 1-2 picture rule on the first day.  but had to share that rooftop pic!]

day two
wandering around the city is always a great day.  we shopped through soho, sifted through a flea market in the village, and met up with PI's family, my mother- and sister-in-law.  we even picked up PI a new suit at topshop for his promotion [20% for students? yes please!].

after the leisurely part of the day, we sped to uniondale for the family dinner before the wedding.  it was so awesome to see so many family members we haven't seen in a while, and dinner was such a blast.

us with oma, who we haven't seen in 4 years!
day three
hooray - wedding day!  we slept in, ate at an awesome east coast diner [there's nothing like them], relaxed and then enjoyed a beautiful wedding.

me and my date

the beautiful bride

 day four
after the wedding festivities were through, we got to spend another relaxing day at home with little jack.  we took him for a walk and had breakfast, then headed into the city with my godmother for a lovely french meal at lyon.  we met some of my godmother's friends, who have become like friends and family to philip and i.  they are such awesome people and have done so much for us. 

kind of like this look for PI.

afternoon in jefferson square.
 day five
last day of the trip :(  and we spent the entire day with captain jack.

when my cousin n - who is like my sister [which is why her son is considered my nephew] - were growing up, my mom took so many pictures of us that she made us a book of just pictures of the two of us.  so now that she has a baby of her own, we thought we should take some pictures of us plus jack for our book.  so here are my favorite shots.

my gorgeous cousin, who has become even more beautiful in motherhood

we didn't even plan this - just kissed him at the same time.

just staring at him and smiling. so amazed at all the love there is for this little tiny baby.
and that truly was our whirlwind trip, but amazing.  can't wait to head back in december!

til next time...! 


No comments:

Post a Comment