17 July 2012

high high #20

today i ordered new sheets.

now i realize that, in itself, isn't super cool.  but there are two things i love about this:

1 - garnet hill flannel sheets are kind of a big deal.  they are super fancy, incredibly warm, and very expensive.  luckily the color i've been dreaming of is being discontinued, which equals a 40% discount for me.  sweet!  we got a pair as a housewarming gift and i've been in love ever since.  these sheets are so warm folks, that in the winter i wash them on sunday mornings and then put them right back on my bed that evening.  there are no other sheets on our bed from november through february.  no joke. 

2 - there is something kind of grown up to me about making that kind of a purchase just because you want to and you can.  it made me kind of happy :)  i saw the sheets, decided i wanted them, and hopped online and bought them. 

yes, this kind of stuff makes me happy these days.

another great thing that happened today is that i turned in my first paper for my summer class, which means i'm 1/3 of the way done.  i like that!  but unfortunately, none of these things can make up for my low of the day - philip left for two weeks for school.  i'm all alone and very lonely :(

til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment