04 October 2012

high high #24

today was another amazing high of all highs.

that's right, president obama [again].  it was just last october that the first snow fell on the eve of obama's visit to my school, which was one of my highest of all highs.  my gf and i had front row seats standing spots and it was the most awesome thing ever to see a sitting president give a policy speech. 

well, he did it again.  the volunteers in northwest denver - which i have been a part of since july of last year - have been so amazing that the president came right to our very own sloan's lake to give a rally this morning after the debate.  and guess who got to volunteer?


helping direct traffic at 6am
yelling 'fired up, ready to go!' at supporters at 5am will wake you up!
 it was an awesome day, and i was so happy that philip came out to volunteer with me.  i had to convince him a little, but in the end he had a great time too.  some more pics of the day below.

the line right before the gates opened at 7:30am. we were still letting people in at 9:30.


gorgeous colors for the president!

ok, not a great shot.
turns out volunteers don't get the good spots.  but that's ok :)

freezing, tired, hungry, having to pee - but so happy to support our president.

i have to say, there were so many awesome things about this morning.  one of the things i loved most was seeing people in my community i knew as i took their tickets and helped them get in the doors.  i saw people from school, friends i volunteer with, and even my house rep [who greeted me with a hug and knew my name!].  it makes me so proud to be a part of my community - the work i have done over the past year with OFA has made us part of a community i didn't know before.  that's an amazing feeling to me.

i was so proud to have obama right here in our backyard.  i know how hard our supporters in this area have worked, and it was so fantastic to see how excited people in our neighborhood were to see him.  i think we represented the highlands well, and i like to think that he'll come back again sometime :)

but in true alaina fashion, here was my day:
  • volunteer for four hours at obama's rally
  • go to class
  • go to work
  • get my flu shot
  • get my hair cut
  • come home and cook dinner
all in a day's work.  but you know what?  i wouldn't change it for anything.  love love love my life right now, especially today.

til next time... :)



1 comment:

  1. What a great day for you! So so so proud of you, baby! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete