22 June 2012

blanks for a beautiful friday.

hi friends.  it is a gorgeous day outside, and we woke up early to enjoy the morning light.  i am off work (& school) this weekend, and it's going to be a lovely weekend filled with painting!

but today, it's time for blanks, courtesy of the little things we do.  today's blanks:

is the season most filled with life.  summer always reminds me of my childhood - as i've blogged about before, my family used to own a summer house on long island.  i can honestly say that i've spent the best days of my life in that house surrounded by people i love.  we'd go to the beach every day (read: literally every single day) after we helped pack up lunch for the beach.  i have wonderful memories of my grandmother and aunts signing in the kitchen while cooking, and my father, my uncle and their friends smoking cigars outside til late at night. 

nowadays, summer is a time for bike riding with philip, hanging out with friends, and doing a lot of work on the house :)  it's a time for jazz in the park with my colorado family and patio cocktail hours.  it's a wonderful time of year, even if i do have to sweat through the night in our non-air-conditioned old house. 

happy friday everyone! 

til next time ;)

2 comments:

  1. great post! i love bike riding and just relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you had an amazing childhood growing up :) I am super jealous that you had a summer house on long island I so wanna trade spots lol! I would be a happy camper if now as an adult with my own life & such to be able to enjoy a lake home all summer with no job & such with only the water & nature surrounding me :)

    ReplyDelete