19 December 2011

holiday update 2!


what a whirlwind weekend!  between buying and wrapping presents and planning (and having) our christmas party there has been zero time for blog updates!  but there’s always a bit of time to share photos ;)

after a week of running around like a crazy woman (well, moreso than usual at least), we had a wonderful christmas party saturday night!  the turnout was wonderful, the cocktails were perfect, the food wasn’t too bad (even my experimental spinach-artichoke dip was a hit!) and the company was perfect.  the highlight of the evening was a surprise guest – my brother AJ showed up, having just flown in from boston.  it was a great night with all the people i love around here :)

me & rach
my bestest girlfriends :)
SURPRISE! AJ showed up! 
my adorable husband, the bartender.



decorated tree - in the front yard :)



with the help of my awesome girlfriend W who showed up early, we got the house totally decked out.  we were even able to make sure of the christmas tree from hell, which now looks pretty cute.
so besides all the christmas trimming and shopping, i have spent a lot of time wasting my life away on pinterest (my sister bianca sent me an invite and i can’t stop pinning things!) and paperless post (thanks to the little things we do).  i am still trying to figure out exactly how pinterest works, so i don’t know if i can link to my boards or not but i’ll give it a shot here.  the best one are the baby shower ideas i have for my soon-to-be little niece!  i literally can’t wait until christmas when the cat’s out of the bag and i can blog 24/7 about how excited i am for baby to come :) anyone who knows me knows that i hate and am awful at keeping secrets!!! anyway, back to my holiday card.  last year i totally slacked and didn’t send out a holiday card.  when things started getting busy this year, i decided to do something easy and green by sending a fancy holiday card online.  sometimes online cards look really tacky – but i think the one philip picked out is super cute!  check it out:
the next few days are going to be just as busy – my mother-in-law and sister-in-law & her bf are coming in for christmas.  we are driving up to the mountains on thursday afternoon to spend the holiday snowed in, watching christmas movies and drinking.  now that’s what you call the perfect colorado christmas :)





and finally – the upstairs bathroom is DONE almost done!  we are missing light switch covers, a window shade and a new light fixture, but who knows when we will get around to all those things.  so here is our lovely, lovely, moroccan-inspired finished bathroom:

LOVE my new bath mat! 
finished sinks
it's all in the little details :)
outside looking in
outside looking in

new votive holder, old bracelet
the perfect tray - just needs something inside!
my mirror side
another little votive holder
new shower curtain!
the finished vanity (old lights are still up)

what are your holiday plans?

til next time…

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. 1. Stumbleupon > pinterest
    2. I LOVE your bathroom! It looks so great!!
    3. Almost bought that shower curtain for mine (I need to send you what we did get though- you'd love it!)
    4. I cannot wait to come see your house in real life!
    5. I love you! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete