02 December 2011

holiday blanks!


i know i said i wouldn't blog til after finals, but how could i miss the first holiday fill in the blanks of the season???


1.   the holiday season is  absolutely the best.  philip and i have lists of the movies we are going to watch and all the events we check out.  it's the time of year that philip and i really started our relationship too so it is always a little nostalgic.  it's also a time to spend with family and friends and remember what's really important during all the gift-buying of the year.  plus i giggle like a little girl at all the awesome christmas decorations people have!

2.   snow makes me happy as long as i don't have to drive in it.  but when it's snowing, that 30 minute drive to work isn't my favorite.  but if i'm home, i love it.  snow is so peaceful.

3.  the best comfort food to eat when it's cold out is  i know it isn't food, but hot cocoa obvi.

4. winter is the best time for  cuddling inside with a fire and people you love.

5.  i can hardly wait for  THE CABIN!  this year we are spending christmas up in a cabin in keystone with my mom, my brother and some of philip's family.  we head up a few days before christmas to be snowed in for the holiday :)

6.  when it comes to holiday gifts i prefer to  give, for sure.  i love christmas present shopping or making.  watching someone's face light up when you really put time and effort into their present is the best.  hands down, best gift ever was last year - for christmas, philip & i collected my old home movies on decaying tapes and turned them into DVDs.  but philip edited them with music and effects, and they turned out amazing.  so amazing.   i only got to see my mom open hers - but we put it in a huge box, and then smaller boxes all the way to the unmarked DVD in it's case that said 'play me.'  so she put it on and we all watched it... best gift ever, i think :)

7.  if i were to rate my excitement about the holiday season on a scale from 1-10, i would say i am at about a  after my finals this weekend, i'll be a 9 or 10.  but right now i'm a 6.  just gotta get through school first... 

ok friends, wish me luck... see you late sunday or monday! 

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I'm feeling the same way about getting excited - I mean, I would love to be more excited about Christmas, but I just need to get through the end of school first. Good luck!

    Stopping by from Lauren's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great answers! hot coco is always extra tasty during Winter :)

    cute blog!

    ReplyDelete