27 January 2012

finally - first blanks of the new year!

whoo - i'm finally able to play fill-in-the-blank friday again! AND it's about travel, so double whoo whoo!!!



1.   my favorite place i've ever traveled to is AGH! hardest question ever!  i know this is cheating, but my top3:
  • barcelona
  • morocco.  there's something about the middle east and africa that i love.
  • italy - the whole country.

2.    russia  is somewhere i'd love to go someday.  ideally the trans-siberian railway.

3.  i pass the time on a plane (or bus, or car ride or train) by talking and dreaming with my love. also listening to music or watching shows with him.

4.  my three must-haves when i travel are my camera, my good-luck airplane travel charm (which has the most amazing story behind it) and music.

5.  my favorite travel companion is obviously philip. we travel so well together.  i'll never forget the first trip we ever took the two of us - it was the first time we were going to be alone for an extended period of time, and i remember worrying to my girlfriends ,"what if we can't travel together???"

6.  the craziest thing that ever happened to me while traveling is bshhhhh.  so many.  here's probably my top three: 
  • on a train ride from amsterdam to prague with my buddy de los three people committed suicide by jumping in front of our train, we were stuck for hours.  
  • on our honeymoon in istanbul i got in the middle of two turks fighting, i got pinned against the wall by a man who was being kicked by police officers.  
  • while making a tight connection in berlin from nyc to prague the first ticket agent ripped my ticket in half, saying i wouldn't need it, and then they refused to let me on the plane for not having a ticket. 

7.  the most exotic food i've ever tried while traveling is  probably duck.  i don't do well with exotic foods, or meats anyway.  we were out to dinner our 2nd night in paris and i told philip to order for me (french is his favorite food), and he ordered me duck confit.  i was kind of pissed since i don't really eat meat, but oh my god was it delicious.   literally ate it every night for the rest of our trip.

now a little update on me:

i finished the script, school is well underway and i will update soon - this weekend!

xo

alaina

No comments:

Post a Comment