19 June 2011

happy father's day!

hi all.  sorry for my absence this last week, but things have been a bit off.  here's the short version: after a long day of yard work last sunday, i woke up monday morning with a bad pain in my right side.  it got steadily worse all week and by thursday i had an appointment to see my doctor.  i'll cut the rest out since this isn't really a medical blog, but basically i have some nerve problems in one of my nerve branches that starts at my spinal cord and stretches along my right side to my belly button. nothing serious, just a few weeks of chronic pain that i can't shake.  so between that, game 7 on wednesday night (SO STOKED about the b's win!) and a fancy work event thursday night, there wasn't much time for anything but laying in bed with bags of frozen sugar snaps on my side.  :(

BUT i was determined to still have something resembling a good weekend.  saturday was spent with our bikes and our neighbors at the highlands street fair in our neighborhood, which was so much fun!  lots of beer, lots of food, lots of music... and one bike wreck for me.  go figure.

so now here we are sunday, where i am recovering and roasting peppers while philip is hard at work on house stuff.  just wanted to say hi to everyone!

i was going to do a bit of blogging about some new pieces i picked up at one of my favorite shops today, but i think i'm going to wait... i have a shipment of photos coming in from apple this week and i'll blog then once i get some up.

happy father's day to all, especially my own dad! :)

me & dad, sept 2008 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment